Engagement sessions are a great way to get to know me. It helps out a lot on the wedding day if you already know me and my style and how I interact with the two of you. Plus if you know me, and I know you, you’ll be a lot more comfortable around me on your wedding day, and I can get images that better show your personalities and relationship.
First is first: BE YOU!
On the day of the shoot if you are not wearing clothes you would normally wear, you aren’t being yourself. The purpose of the shoot is to capture you! Don’t feel like you have to dress a certain way. The most important thing is that you are comfortable and that you are wearing something that represents who you are.
For Ladies Consider this:
For Gentlemen Consider this:
* Bring at least two outfits.
* Always choose sleek, fitted clothes over baggy.
* Feel free to coordinate your look and wear complementary colors with others in the photo, but don’t try to match them. Coordinated, but not matching.
* Clothes put people in context, so remember to dress for your location and theme. If you’re after a fun vibe, wear things that pop, if you want a more formal vibe, then go for a suit and dress.
* Don’t be afraid to wear things that ‘pop’ such as chunky jewelry, fun shoes, a brightly colored blazer, belts, hats, scarves etc.
* Bring props if you want! If you play an instrument, have a hobby, have a favorite article of clothing or just a meaningful item, bring it with you. These personal items add an extra flair to your look.
Remember to get your nails done! Especially for Engagement photo shoots, your ring will be a focus!
* Don’t over tan.
* Don’t go for solid white button down shirts for the two of you. We want coordinating not matching.
* Don’t wear clothes that are too tight.
* Don’t have your hair cut the week of your session. Schedule hair appointments at least a week in advance for a more natural look.
* Don’t forget to iron all wrinkles out.
COLOR IS BEAUTIFUL
SHOW YOUR PERSONALITY
OTHER THINGS TO REMEMBER